Download Application (PDF with Fillable Form Fields)
Our Recent Scholarship Recipients:
Tanner Kraft Cody Kraft Anne Jonas
- Must be between the ages of 16 – 25 years old
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or a high school student in good standing (who will graduate in the current academic year).
- Dependent of a parent who suffered either an on the job fatality or injuries that have had a significant adverse effect on family income. Proceeds can be used for vocational / technical school, junior college, undergraduate or graduate programs
- Proceeds must be used for tuition, fees or room and board only (will be paid directly to the institution).
- Prior to award of the scholarship, applicant must demonstrate that they meet the minimum criteria for acceptance to the institution to which they have applied. This can be accomplished by either submitting the formal acceptance letter from the institution, or providing documentation (transcripts, tests scores) meeting the institution’s minimum admission criteria.
- Scholarship awards are contingent on availability of funds and may be renewed
Required Supporting Materials
- Completed Application
- Two letters of recommendation from someone other than a relative
- Narrative (2 page maximum) describing parent’s work-related accident, its personal/economic impact on you and your family, and why the scholarship will help you attain your educational goals.
- Copy of First Report of Injury
- Copy of completed FAFSA
- If possible: Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA processing center; Financial Aid Award letter and Student Account Statement from educational institution.
Mail Completed Application and Supporting Materials to:
Kids’ Chance of South Dakota
c/o Rick Orr
Davenport, Evans, Hurwitz & Smith
206 W 14th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104